Other Helpful Family Resources
CT State Department of Education (CSDE) Resources for Families & Students
CLICK HERE to view a CSDE resource document provided pursuant to Public Act 21-46: An Act Concerning Social Equity and the Health, Safety and Education of Children. This Act requires the Connecticut State Department of Education to develop, and annually update and distribute, a document for use by local and regional boards of education that provides information concerning educational, safety, mental health, and food security resources and programs available for students and their families.
Finding Mental Health Support - CLICK HERE to access resources for supporting your child's mental health.
Help Talking with Children about Difficult Topics
Parents looking for help in how to talk with their children about difficult topics may find help in one or more of the following resources. Please contact your child's school if you want additional counseling:
- Talking with your Children About Violence - article linked below
- Identifying Severely Traumatized Children - article linked below
- March 29, 2017 Letter to Parents about Social Media and Sexting - article linked below
- This website has many parent resources - http://internetsafetyconcepts.com/parents/
- CLICK HERE to read What Parents Need to Know about "Thirteen Reasons Why"
- CLICK HERE to view a Mayo Clinic article titled "Helping Children Cope - Talking about Tragedy"